Thanks for visiting Kicking Horse Media Web Design & Development Inc. Website.
Call us at 613-257-5145 for a free consultation.
Scan the QR code below to link to the website
Tina Irwin InterviewMar. 20, 2019
This is a very interesting interview with Tina Irwin posted by Anne Leueen on HorseAddict, “When Dreams Turn Into Goals”. Tina mentions her plans to compete at the Ottawa Dressage Festival in the interview. Yay Team Irwin! Read When Dreams Turn Into Goals.
RCMP Musical Ride Thurs. May 17May 9, 2018
The RCMP Musical Ride will be performing at the Ottawa Dressage Festival at 6:30 P.M. on Thursday 17 May. Tickets are limited to 200 vehicles with a maximum of 5 people per vehicle. The cost is $10/vehicle. Competitors, grooms, owners, their families and volunteers will be provided with passes in their welcome packages at no cost.
Request your pass in advance only by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and indicating your name, vehicle licence number, make, model, colour and if handicap parking is required. Once space has been confirmed you can pay by e-transfer to email@example.com with password ODF2018. Passes will be emailed and must be brought with you to Wesley Clover Park.
ODF Media ReleaseMay 10, 2018
Making Strides Workshop with Jacqueline Brooks & Liz Steacie Mar. 11, 2018
- Clinicians: Jacqueline Brooks (for U25 athletes), Liz Steacie (for adult amateurs)
- Date: Friday, May 18, 2018
- Time: Jacqueline Brooks 5:30 p.m., in the CDI/International Ring
Liz Steacie 6:30 p.m., in the Princess Anne Ring
- Location: Wesley Clover Parks, Ottawa, ON
- Cost: $25 for participants, free for auditors
- ***Please note if you wish to audit in both clinics you will need to be registered for both
- Registration: Spaces are limited and pre-registration is required. Register at https://licence.equestrian.ca/drworkshop/index.aspx
- Making Strides Workshop with Jacqueline Brooks & Liz Steacie
Judge the show yourself with the Sap App!Apr. 12, 2017
- Use the SAP Black Horse One App on your phone to judge each horse yourself. Then compare with the judge’s scores.
Click the image to play the video
We're getting ready...Apr. 4, 2017
- ....to host the Ottawa Dressage Festival in 2017. Join us this May at beautiful Wesley Clover Parks for international dressage competition featuring Eastern Canada's best riders. FREE admission and parking. Come celebrate Canada's 150th Birthday with us!
We're expecting Canada’s best dressage riders: After competing at ODF 2016, Megan Lane went on to compete for Canada at the 2016 Summer Games in Rio.
ODF Competition Committee Named Dressage Volunteers of the Month June/July 2016Aug. 25, 2016
- “Ottawa, ON, August 5, 2016 – Equestrian Canada is pleased to name the entire Ottawa Dressage Festival Competition Committee as the Dressage Volunteers of the Month for June/July.
Comprised of a group of true volunteers, the Committee worked tirelessly to ensure this year’s Ottawa Dressage Festival, which ran May 19-22 at Wesley Clover Parks in Ottawa, ON, went off without a hitch. The competition presented CDI3*/CDIP/CDIJ/CDIY/CDI-U25, CDI-YH and EC Gold Show as well as the 2016 Long-Listed Para-Riders. It was a qualifying event for not only the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, but also the 2016 World Breeding Dressage Championships for Young Horses, 2016 FEI North American Junior & Young Riders Championships, and the 2016 National Youth Championships.
The show is organized by a committee of the National Capital Dressage Inc. which is a private, not-for-profit group formed in 2003 to ensure the growth and future development of the Ottawa Dressage Festival and to promote the sport of dressage in the National Capital Region.
The committee is truly dedicated to the sport of dressage and overdid their many accomplishments of past years by creating a well-organized, world-class CDI competition that created the venue for many personal competitive bests within a friendly and inviting atmosphere.
Headed up by show secretary Paul Teeple, who was recognized as the March 2016 Volunteer of the Month, Equestrian Canada is delighted to recognize the entire organizing committee of this exceptional event as the Dressage Volunteers of the Month for June/July 2016.”
Rider on the Road to Rio - Belinda TrussellMay 24, 2016
- “At the CDI in Ottawa May 19-22 Belinda broke the Canadian record score for the Grand Prix with a 73.78. ‘I felt it was my best Grand Prix ever,’ Belinda told me. They followed that up with another win and 74.882 in the Grand Prix Special.”
- Please see this post by Anne Leueen
CDI3* Ottawa: Ashley Holzer takes the KurMay 23, 2016
- Canadian Ashley Holzer and Arthur celebrated their first victory in Freestyle
- Please see this post by Antonio Russo
Belinda Trussell wins the Grand Prix & Grand Prix SpecialMay 22, 2016
- Belinda Trussell wins the Grand Prix (73.78) and Grand Prix Special (74.882) - great hopes for Rio…
Megan Lane, Belinda Trussell, Brittany Fraser, Chris Von Martels, Jacqueline BrooksMay 21, 2016
- Canada’s top dressage riders competing Saturday and Sunday at Ottawa Dressage Festival - May 21 & 22, 2016
- International Dressage competition on all weekend at Wesley Clover Park. Olympic qualifier, featuring Canada's top riders, with entries from the US, Germany and Guatemala.
- Above, left to right - Megan Lane, Belinda Trussell, Brittany Fraser, Chris Von Martels, Jacqueline Brooks.
- International competition gets underway each day at 8:00 am. Riders are competing in 4 rings at beautiful Wesley Clover Park.
Coming up Sunday morning, the Freestyle completion, where riders perform to music.
Spectators welcome. Admission and parking are FREE.
May 12, 2016 ODF Media ReleaseMay 12, 2016
- Download May 12, 2016
- Please view this interesting article written by Megan DeLaire.
- An international equestrian competition will begin May 19 at Wesley Clover Park in Ottawa. Featuring over 150 entries from Canada and the US, spectators will see top level riders compete for points to qualify for this summer's Games in Rio.
For interviews and schedule highlights call Debra Robinson, 613-244-4334.
Apr. 3, 2016 ODF Media ReleaseApr. 3, 2016
Dec. 19, 2015 ODF Media ReleaseDec. 19, 2015
2015 ODF Results PostedJune 9, 2015
- See Forms
FEI FootingMay 9, 2015
- New FEI Rings!
- Wesley Clover Parks has installed new all-weather footing in the form of one large ring, which accommodates two dressage rings that will be used at the Ottawa Dressage Festival(ODF) 2015. The complete solution, which takes into account the local environment, terrain and soil layers of the park was designed by Christian Bauer and engineered to meet the local conditions. Christian Bauer also designed the rings for The 2014 World Equestrian Games in France and the Caledon Equestrian Park, which will be used for the 2015 Pan American Games. The footing consists of all-weather fibre imported from Europe and silica sand, hand selected from various sites around North America to ensure the proper granular size and mix. Geo-grid mats will be installed under the footing which makes it the only facility of its kind in Eastern Canada.
- At ODF2015 the one large ring/new dressage rings will be used as the competition ring and the warm-up ring for the Pan American FEI qualifying classes.